Blanding's Turtle Project Report
The primary objectives of this project were to advance conservation efforts for Blanding’s Turtles in the northeast by working with state biologists to:
- Identify and facilitate action on site-specific conservation needs at select sites within the Blanding’s Turtle Conservation Area Network,
- Develop and distribute outreach materials about Blanding’s Turtle Best Management Practices (BMPs),
- Help format and contribute to a site action tracking database,
- Develop or update site-specific conservation plans for selected sites, and
- Participate in monthly conference calls with the Northeast Blanding’s Turtle Working Group and other discussions with state biologists, conservation groups, and other stakeholders.